Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Soapy Situation




Remember the Ice addiction post? (I didn't want to take the time to find the link) Mainly, I was having an addiction to ice during my pregnancy with Ella. This time, the old soap-sniffing-almost-want-to-have-a-taste enjoyment has found its way back into my pregnancy symptoms. I purchased my favorite smelling soap of all time (at least this time and last), Ivory, in a pack of 3, and all I can say is that I'm really enjoying taking a shower and have actually moved it up to a priority in my day. :) I am eagerly volunteering to bathe my 3 youngest children, but so far haven't asked my husband or my oldest son. Could it be I'm a tad bit embarrassed at what they might think? :)

I haven't made homemade laundry detergent in about 2 years, but something about reading Katy's post at the Country Blossom (see side bar) about homemade laundry detergent has caused me to make a list of ingredients I'll need for my bimonthly shopping trip.

And to chalk things up, I've really been enjoying writing, coloring, and playing with the kid's chalk. My kids must think I'm a really fun mom, right?

At least the ice-chomping sessions have been very minimal. For now.

And at least I don't have a bag-of-flour-a-day habit the OB told me about when I sort-of confessed about the soap. Lord, have mercy.

I'm making my own asumption about things.

My baby will enjoy being clean and will be very artistic.




3 comments:

  1. Ah, pica strikes again! Resist the urge to taste :-) Ha!

    Glad to read something new! Please keep us posted on how you're doing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, I'm so Glad I found you on here !!!! Congratulations on your 5th Child !!!!
    Don't stop blogging now that I've found You !!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had written a comment and my Internet connection vanished... gotta love it. lol

    I just wanted to let you know that you're not alone. During my last pregnancy I was in awe with how wonderful my Caress soap bar smelled. I had a really rough year and that one peach bar brought me pure moments of peace! LOL It's so crazy how that happens. I thought I was the only one. lol Thanks for sharing! <3

    ReplyDelete

I love and welcome your comments. Please be nice.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails