Sunday, November 22, 2009

My 2 week Menu


I enjoy seeing what other bloggers are having at their table, so I will post my menu for this week. We're already one week into this menu--I forgot to post it last week. I do one menu and we have the same thing for 2 weeks in a row. It is never the exact same thing because I will run out of an ingredient or two and will have to fix an alternative dish. I do the 2 week menu to help on the grocery shopping organization and also so we can eat what's leftover the next week on the designated day. If you read my last menu, you noticed that we pretty much had a meat-free menu. This time I've added a few meat dishes, so next menu will probably be back to meatless.

Monday
Breakfast: Muffins (I have a variety of muffin recipes from which I like to choose)
Dinner: Grilled Chicken Sandwiches
Supper: Jambalaya (basically brown rice, tomatoes, & 'sausage'--use the fake kind..:o)
Tuesday
Breakfast: Oatmeal & fruit
Dinner: Hot Dogs ('veggie' dogs...actually we had corn dogs last wk..bad, I know..)
Supper: Veggie Lasagna
Wednesday
Breakfast: Pancakes w/Syrup (actually use Agave Nectar instead of Syrup)
Dinner: Little Chicks (this is chicken on rolls with special sauce)
Supper: Mexican Tinga (cool mexican dish from all recipes)
Thursday
Breakfast: Scrambled Eggs
Dinner: Home Fries
Supper: Navy Beans, Mixed Veggies
Friday
Breakfast: Toast
Dinner: Nachos & Cheese
Supper: Veggie Pizza
Saturday:I usually cook a big breakfast on Saturday and then a late lunch. This past Saturday, I cooked Beef & Noodle Casserole ( I plan to share the recipe..it is DELISH) & a veggie for lunch, but sometimes I will fix soup on Saturdays. My MIL usually cooks for us on Sunday, so we always have something delicious there.
Also, we usually have a fruit on the side with our dinner. To drink, we have tea or water. Occasionally, I will fix some 'Honey-Lemon Water' as my kids call it. :o)
I would love to see your Menus!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love and welcome your comments. Please be nice.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails