Monday, March 29, 2010

A little Spring crafting…

The other night we had the privilege of eating supper with my husband’s childhood best friend and his wife, who just happens to be my childhood ‘sister’.

They have a beautiful newish house and I noticed that she has really been doing some crafting! Cute, cute things. I wish she had a blog and could show some of her things she has created.

Anyhoo, she had a yarn covered wreath that she had hung on a mirror in her foyer. Simply beautiful. So, using her idea, I came up with this. Now, this is very amateur, ok?

GEDC0374

GEDC0377

Basically, I took a stick wreath (best used with a floral wreath) and wound yarn around it, occasionally using hot glue to hold it in place.

I used a teal grosgrain ribbon to hang it on the door and to hold the bunny in place. The bunny came off of a broken Easter plaque I used last year. The flower pin is just an accessory I added from my flower pin collection that I’ve made.

One last look…

GEDC0376

More things I did with the yarn….

planting 300

planting 301

planting 304

And one last craft thing, made from Scrapbook paper…

planting 226

Up close…

planting 224

What have you been crafting lately?

Linking up to DIY day at A Soft Place to Land

2 comments:

  1. Very cute!! Love the turquoise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the creativity! The letters strung across your fire place look great- gotta love scrapbook paper! Kristy @ Homemaker's Cottage

    ReplyDelete

I love and welcome your comments. Please be nice.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails