Saturday, May 1, 2010

Have You Died?

casket

A How-to plan with complete instructions….

Every sin I commit, every weight I allow to burden me down, every frustration that gets out of hand is a direct result of my vitality.

I’m still alive. My flesh is thriving. My will is evident. My pleasure is being craved. It’s all about my wants. My flesh has to be fed.

I’m in trouble. I’m discontent. I’m irritable. I’m selfish. I’m rebellious. I’m frustrated. I’m jealous. I’m prideful. I’m falling behind. I’m inconsistent. I’m complacent. I lack integrity. I’m sinful.

I haven’t died.

And He said to them all, if any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me. Luke 9:23

When one dies, he chooses to give up his will. His life is no longer his own. The body no longer relies on itself to keep it stable. The fight is over. The body is now totally broken.

When a person becomes a Christian, he ultimately gives his life to the Lord. However, we are not given over to a glorified body, yet. Man still struggles with self. Self = Sin. One can become sanctified (or you may call it, dedicated) in which the overall desire for the world and all its pleasures are no longer prevalent. This is not the same as being dead.

For personal Revival and Spiritual growth, one must DIE. There is no other alternative. Not only must one die, it must be done DAILY.

Now that I have covered the why and how often we must die, let us see how does one die?

First, a DENIAL of one’s self has to be evident. This is done through Obedience. When we obey what God tells us, either through His Word or personally by His Spirit, then we are denying our will. We are dying.

On a personal note, God spoke to me about getting up early to DIE through prayer and Bible reading. When I obey, I am denying my self and I am obedient. When I disobey, I'm not dead to self. Therefore, I struggle with the above mentioned SELF characteristics.

Second, one has to GIVE UP to die. Any weight or sin one feels is hindering or is evident in his life has to be given up. It may be something that is a weight to oneself, but not necessarily a weight to a brother or sister. God might be asking the individual to give it up. It could be something as simple as less Internet time or more difficult as immodesty.

Third, one has to be broken. This can be looked at this way. One has to be broken to die, in which one will then be broken. The first step in personal Revival is Brokenness (quoted by my pastor, Sun night). Come to the Father with nothing but yourself. Bring the above mentioned personal qualities that have been infiltrating your self. Tell God you are Fully Relying on Him because you are no longer yourself. You are dead. You CAN’T handle your problems anymore because you aren’t alive. Christ IS!

Are you getting it?

When you die, you aren’t going to have trouble with the flesh anymore. Have you ever seen a physically dead person frustrated or angry or impatient or bitter? Their lives are not their own anymore.

When we are crucified with Christ, we no longer LIVE!

I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. Galatians 2:20

Praise God!

I don’t even need to go over the benefits of dying. You know them already. Peace. Joy. Patience. Meekness. Temperance. Love. (You know they are called Fruits of the Putting-on-Christ…aka Fruits of the Spirit).

What? You need More Benefits?

How about a little Helmet of Salvation to go along with your Fruit? Or a little Sword of the Spirit to cut down that SELF should it rise back up. Would you like to trade in your pedicure for some Feet Shod with the Preparation of the Gospel of Peace (Dr. Scholls don’t have nothing on these)? Cancel your appointment for that Breast Enhancement. You don’t need it. You now have the Breastplate of Righteousness to cover you anyhow. I mean, really.

Are you ready to join the mass suicide to SELF? :o) I’ve already died this morning. Don’t tell my friends and family, though, because I plan to do it again tomorrow. Tee Hee Hee. And, during the day if SELF tries to rear up (as if! I mean, the NERVE), I will boldly proclaim that my body is not mine anymore….

I Have Put On CHRIST. It’s called Victorious Living.

Goodbye, Self. I didn’t like you very much anyway.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome preachin', Sister! Very convicting. Our mutually esteemed Bro. L made a wonderful statement when he was preaching over here...about how our spiritual growth is based on rebuke from God(dying to self). Each time we submit to His will, we are able to take a step closer to Him (paraphrase). Rebuke me, Lord! Taking the hammer in my hand--nail it to the cross (the flesh, that is).

    ReplyDelete

I love and welcome your comments. Please be nice.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails