Thursday, September 2, 2010

Thrifty Tablescapes

Well, a girl’s gotta start somewhere and posting about her thrifty finds sounds like it would be as good as any other topic (well, besides something spiritual, but alas, that’s sure to come).

This weekend, we had a drenched lovely time at the beach (it rained the.whole.time) and I got to do a little thrifting on Saturday morning. I spent maybe $10 and got several nice things that I’ll be sure to show you over the next few days. I just love posting about my finds and hope that you like reading about them. :)

At the beginning of the summer, the Lord blessed us to be able to buy--and to make the deal extremely affordable—a ‘new’ dining room suite:

ebay laye july 018 (Please pretend the red is a nice calm, relaxing color. Thanks.)

Between the thrift shop and my very favorite store, Dirt Cheap, I got my Tablescape Groove on.

sept 10 early 014

sept 10 early 016

Not sure about the salt/pepper shakers (they are temporary), but I love the basket/bowl thingy. I got it for $2.99 at the Thrift store. The tablecloth was $4 and the placemat (bamboo?) was 50 cents.

Here’s another small tablescape (sorry about the poor lighting, I, in fact, had no lighting when I took this picture):

sept 10 early 022 Candle stand: 40 cents (didn’t have a price, so the cashier said, “Oh, $4.99, 90% off”. I tried to remain calm.)

Candle was around 60 cents or so

Coasters (should have taken an up close photo..they are very nice—have more of them on my coffee table): 70 cents

It was all 90% off.

The basket below (holding the Science-workbook-yet-to-be-opened-but-will-be-come-Tuesday) is a soft, collapsible basket that I got out of my neighbor’s trash.

Don’t you just love a good deal.

Well. I have lots more to come.

Thanks for tuning back in with me. Be sure to leave a comment letting me know that you had trouble this summer making it without me and you are so glad I’m back. That way you might get another blog out of me this week.

Ha! :P

God Bless the Thrifty! :)

3 comments:

  1. Well, it's about time you came back cuz you missed us so much, lol. So nice to see you back and busy, I see, with your thrifty awesome finds. Love your new dining room furniture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there, I'm a new follower so it's nice to join in with your re-started posting. I'm a mum of four boys from Scotland.

    I love your 'new' furniture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE that you are back! I've just now realized that you have been posting again...lack of looking at my dashboard! I'm adding you to my RSS feed so I can stay up-to-date :-) Keep the thrift coming!

    ReplyDelete

I love and welcome your comments. Please be nice.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails