Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Chick Magnet

My MIL gave Ella a little shirt that was a neutral color but said “Chick Magnet”. We decided it might not be in our best interests to allow her to wear it.

You know, her being a girl and all.

Alas, that is not what I’m going to blog about, but what I am going to talk about does have to do with the title of my post.

How about this:

chickens 003 CHICKENS!!

Is it enough to say that we now have a farm?!? :)

chickens 005

I’m already looking forward to the eggs.

The kids have already named them. How about Max and Buster and Yellow Booty and Drumstick and Shoestring and I guess mine is waiting to be named. The kids insist that we each have a chicken since there are 6.

We got them last Saturday when my dearest daughter called me from her Nana’s and Grandpa’s to inform me that she had some chicks, given to her by my dad’s hunting buddy.

Lucky day.

Or should I say Clucky Day?

We are keeping them inside by the fire. It is impossible to keep their box clean. They poop a.lot.

Happy Wednesday to you my dear friends!

PS. I added a new blog to my list…Cultivating Home…be sure and stop by.

P.S.S. (or P.P.S?) I have enabled my Comments again. What can I say? I can't stand not hearing from you! :) I don't know what I was thinking. Maybe it would make me more humble not having comments? I don't know. I don't like it. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails