Monday, March 7, 2011

Not I...



May everything that is said or done by me this day not be MY doing or speaking, but Christ's.

When I respond to the kids today, may it be Christ's response.

When I answer the phone, may it be Christ who carries on the conversation.

When my husband comes home from work, may it be Christ who greets him.

When I kiss a hurt boo-boo, may it be Christ's gentle hands mending the hurt.

When I have to correct, may it be Christ who disciplines so lovingly, consistenly.

When I cook a meal, may it be tenderly prepared by the Christ who broke the bread at the Last Supper.

When I sweep, may it be done by the same Christ who daily sweeps the cob webs from my heart.

When I rock a sick baby, may it be Christ's healing touch who pats my baby's congested chest.

As I pray, may it be Christ's words, praying to the Father, making intercessions for Me because He knows just what I need.

I am crucified wth Christ....

Christ in me, the hope of glory....

Put on the whole armour of God that ye may be able to withstand....

Let this mind be in You, which was in CHRIST JESUS...

Die to self. Ugly, rotten flesh.

Live in Christ.

Not I, but Christ.

The Only One.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the blessing of this lovely post! What wonderful reflection for today!

    Blessings, grace, and peace,
    Ann Washburn

    ReplyDelete

I love and welcome your comments. Please be nice.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails